Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The Cost of Friendship

Father God, Good Morning.

Glory to God in the Highest. I pray knowing that you hear my prayers. I know that while your son Jesus was here on Earth he did not surround himself with a group of students or even a group of followers, he placed himself in the company of friends. To admit that we need friends can be humbling. Close relationships are always the crux of God's message to us.

Admitting that we need friends is a sign of maturity. Jesus Christ shows us what its like to be a friend of his. Friendship will cost. Friendship will also have comfort.

Today will be a busy day. The traffic will be just crazy. That's where I expect to have the most anxiety. Science Fair is tomorrow and I am as ready as I will every be. This year I think the students are somewhat more involved but no where near total participation.  Then I have to met with my AP at 8am this morning to go over some stuff. STUFF. Today I see the traffic as being my biggest nemesis so I will have tea, a snack, some good music and just get going to where I need to go. Be blessed today and have a spirit of expectation that all your needs are met through Christ Jesus.

John 15:18-21

If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. Remember the words I spoke to you. No servant is greater than his master. If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive