Sunday, September 30, 2007

Inspiration

I'm glad I came out today. I was thinking about passing on today's events. I would have been very sad if I had done that.

Ordinary people doing extraordinary things. I recall reading how throughout the south schools closed for a year or more even during the 60's and 70's so that they would not have to integrate their school. We have to remember that the parents are the ones who were affected by that decision. Now we have their children and grandchildren in school and we're wondering how to educate a child who was a product of a very disjointed  education system in the first place. Yes we know its broken and we know its been broken but how do we really fix it? What is the cure? We would love something that is a fix all and we can prescribe it to everything. We hear how so many different people here and there are able to break through and do it but it doesn't seem to hold steady and work for all. What is the answer? What is the problem? I know that tomorrow I will return to students who worked this weekend to improve their neighborhood but will act a plum fool in school tomorrow. I have to prepare them for a science fair project, give out grades that are not reflective of their true ability and make sense of it all so that I can function as a human being with thoughts and feelings. We all have problems.

Thank God we will be back in our sanctuary. I'm very excited about that.

I'm watching Home Makeover and they are in Hawaii. You will be there soon. Now you can go and not worry too much about the going on's at home.You will be missed. Enjoy your time. You need a break. You have earned a break. Give your self a chance to rest.

It was nice to hear you play today. It was very comfortable. Be blessed and be a blessing to someone.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive