Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Hello and Good Night.

Well today couldn't have been more interesting. I was selected to be part of the walk through team. I was both elated and dejected. I wanted to see what was going on in other classes and find out what the board was looking for and I also wanted to retreat to the comfort of my classroom and not be involved in the goings on of the region and just be concerned with my own classroom. I really think we came up with some pertinent and important things for our children. The classes that I went through were the 7th and 8th grades and Science. Our children were well behaved, which was a plus. They at least know how to act for guest. The biggest thing we noticed for the upper grades was the lack of cursive writing. it should be seen through out and it wasn't. When I came last year and I was teaching Writing, My first and foremost thing was that they write in cursive. Most students needed a review and many couldn't read cursive when I wrote it on the board. The listening skills and note taking skills are very poor too. All in all we will improve or do poorly. Right now I am in holiday mode. I said I wasn't going to the Talent Show but I went. I thought I didn't have after school today but I did so since I was at school I decided to attend. The show was so much better than last year. So many of the 7th and 8th grade students were in the show it was nice to see them doing something they enjoyed.Tomorrow is the staff party. I said I wasn't going to that. I hope I can stick to my guns for that. Did I say guns, figure of speech. I'll have to change that. I watched Paula Zhan tonight on CNN. I caught the last half hour. It was on racism and reconciliation. Al Sharpton, and other prominent black and white figures were on. The fact that they are open to discuss this on prime time is important. Until justice is done, injustice will continue to be the call of the day for those in power. I have put this all in one paragraph. Something I always tell my students not to do. I am human. I am tired and this is not being graded. I am going to bed. Good Night. Be Blessed.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive