Thursday, November 18, 2004

What's On My Mind

These are the questions that are on my mind now?

What is my relationship with God now?

When I ask him to guide me and take over in my life, how do I know how to follow the signs that he may show me?

What am I looking for in this relationship now? What are the qualities, gifts, and behaviors that I want more of? What qualities, gifts, and behaviors do I want less of? What do I want more of the same in those areas?

What is energizing and giving me life in this relationship?

What is siphoning off my energy in this relationship?

What is God focused in this relationship?

When I ask God to direct me in this relationship do I listen to the ques and directions he gives me?

To listen to God I must feel to the very best of my knowledge and ability that this is what God wants for me.

What has been consistent in this relationship? What changes all the time?

My "Interior Freedom" how will I define that and execute it?

Luke 23

The crippled woman. Who are the people, places and things that bend me over and cripple me? Who are the people, places and things that give me courage to stand tall? Being a fair witness, looking objectively at my life and making some assessments.

My first thoughts after reading the entire chapter twice.

Jesus is preaching in a synagogue for the last time. She attends, she doesn't cry out, he sees her, he heals her. She was crippled by a spirit. Eighteen years (I am at 17 years since my divorce and I have not had a stable lasting relationship).

Jesus puts his hand on her. First, he saw her, then he called her forward, next he said to her" woman, you are set free from your infirmity", next, he puts his hands on her, finally, immediately she straightened up and praised GOD.

Thoughts of what's before this event and what's after this event:

Before- Unless you repent you too will perish. This is what Jesus is preaching to them in the synagogue. He tells them about Eighteen who die at tower in Siloam. Jesus tells a parable of a man who had a fig tree planted in his vineyard. He went to look for fruit but found none. He said to cut it down but the one tending the vineyard said, let me have one more year and I will dig around it and fertilize it. If it bears fruit next year fine if not then cut it down. Then it switches to the woman bent over for Eighteen years.

After - Members of the synagogue are indignant that Jesus heals the woman on the Sabbath. They suggest people come to be healed the other six days of the week, not on the sabbath. Jesus is indignant, Calls them hyopcrites. Gives them an example where each of them is doing some act of work on the sabbath. Expresses to each of them that she is a daughter of Abraham whom satan has kept bound for eighteen years. When he said this all of his opponents were humilated, but the people were delighted with all the wonderful things Jesus was doing.

This is as far as I have gotten.

 

 

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive