Saturday, November 20, 2004

Hello

Life is so funny.

I was at the church on 41st and King Drive today trying to sell cookbooks at this author's luncheon and the only person to buy a cookbook was the pastor. He had only arrived five minutes after I had, I was late because I had to work today and didnt get there until 2:45p. He listened to me go on about the our church and the cookbook and when I was over he told me to tell you directly" not to come into his church selling your cookbooks" He then proceeded to purchase one and tell me how you were part of his son's wedding or something. I am to give the check directly to you. He was very nice and he said that you two were best of friends. I told him you were speaking somewhere in Oak Brook today and I would give you the message tomorrow. That church was the same church of my mother's dear friend who I called Aunt Lou. She died suddenly in 1972. One of the ladies at the church remembered her. My mother knows the pastor. I am trying to help with the selling of the cookbooks because our own congregation of over 1200 won't purchase the 400 books we brought. Less than one fourth of our own congregation won't buy the books. This just doesn't seem right.

I have listened to some of Bishop Morton and I enjoyed it. I look forward to seeing you tomorrow.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive