Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Seven Spirits of God

What are the seven spirits of God?
I heard of this while listening to revelations. I have listened to the whole new testament now. What is the seven spirits of God?
I have researched it in my pitiful manner and found ou that there is much discussion about what is meant. It seems that Isiah 11 1-3 is the commonly agreed upon meaning, but I find this very interesting.
Isaiah 11:1–3 (NASB)
1 Then a shoot will spring from the stem of Jesse,
And a branch from his roots will bear fruit.
2 The Spirit of the Lord will rest on Him,
The spirit of wisdom and understanding,
The spirit of counsel and strength,
The spirit of knowledge and the fear of the Lord.
3 And He will ...

Continued debate and question. The more I look the more questions I have.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive