Monday, February 25, 2013

Abide in Him

















Mark 8:34-38

The Way of the Cross

34 Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. 35 For whoever wants to save their life[a] will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me and for the gospel will save it. 36 What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul?


Father God, thank you for today. I am blessed to have another chance to get it right. I am always trying not to be a burden to others. I don't want to have to ask for help, I'm not very good at asking others to help. As I look at my calendar for February I see Jesus receiving help with his cross. We grow up thinking that we are weak if we need others. We should be strong and independent, don't lean too heavily on someone else. Don't be the one who does the leaning. People have a tendency to lean on me more than I have the opportunity to lean on someone else. I know that we see those who need someone as weak, but I find it hard to lean on someone for help. I will learn to lean on someone, to trust and abide in the Lord. To trust and know that God is with me always. Trust in the Lord to know what is best for me. Be blessed today and be a blessing to someone special. Trust in the Lord and lean not unto your own understanding. I love you.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive