Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Staying In The Race


Hebrews 10:19-25

New International Reader's Version (NIRV)

A Warning to Remain Faithful

19 Brothers and sisters, we are not afraid to enter the Most Holy Room. We enter boldly because of the blood of Jesus. 20 His way is new because he lives. It has been opened for us through the curtain. I’m talking about his body.
21 We also have a great priest over the house of God. 22 So let us come near to God with an honest and true heart. Let us come near with a faith that is sure and strong. Our hearts have been sprinkled. Our minds have been cleansed from a sense of guilt. Our bodies have been washed with pure water.
23 Let us hold firmly to the hope we claim to have. The One who promised is faithful.
24 Let us consider how we can stir up one another to love. Let us help one another to do good works. 25 Let us not give up meeting together. Some are in the habit of doing this. Instead, let us cheer each other up with words of hope. Let us do it all the more as you see the day coming when Christ will return.

Hebrews 10:35-39

New International Reader's Version (NIRV)
35 So don’t throw away your bold faith. It will bring you rich rewards. 36 You need to be faithful. Then you will do what God wants. You will receive what he has promised. 37 In just a very little while,
“The one who is coming will come. He will not wait.
38 The one who is in the right will live by faith.
If he pulls back,
I will not be pleased with him.” (Habakkuk 2:3,4)
39 But we aren’t people who pull back and are destroyed. We are people who believe and are saved.
 
 
All praise and glory to God. Father God, thank You for your blessings. Thank your for your constant pursuit of my attention. Lord, I am yours. I am your woman. A woman of God. As you have given women feelings and emotions, and have set us apart from men. We are equal, yet different. Our needs are different. Our desires are different. Sometimes our needs and desires are the same. Its like a pendulum. It swings back and forth from one side to the other, needing to rest calmly in the middle. Lord, Keep us safe. Keep our lives moving in the right direction. When we don't hear your voice, stay with us. When we do hear your voice, guide us with words and deeds that we can recognize are you Lord. Remind us we are human and desire love, and the touch of another human being. Remind us how a relationship is important.  We are not here to do deeds alone, but to interact, man to woman, on the most basic of needs. Instinct. I want to make love. I want to find someone who wants to make love to me. I understand that I have fallen in love with someone who doesn't have that need, and is content to let me go on about my daily life without being together. I want God to place in my life someone who wants me. Someone who loves me and wants to make love to me. I need that. I need to be loved. Alturistic, platonic, spiritual love is fine. But God, you made me a flesh and blood woman, so I need a flesh and blood man. I want a man who will not let me go so easily. Someone who truly wants to be with me and will make it happen because he loves me. Not one day, some day, some how, but today, now. Thank you Lord for your loving kindness. My heart is lighter now.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive