Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Make Me Bold

Romans 2:17-24

The Jews and the Law

17 Now you, if you call yourself a Jew; if you rely on the law and boast in God; 18 if you know his will and approve of what is superior because you are instructed by the law; 19 if you are convinced that you are a guide for the blind, a light for those who are in the dark, 20 an instructor of the foolish, a teacher of little children, because you have in the law the embodiment of knowledge and truth— 21 you, then, who teach others, do you not teach yourself? You who preach against stealing, do you steal? 22 You who say that people should not commit adultery, do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples? 23 You who boast in the law, do you dishonor God by breaking the law? 24 As it is written: “God’s name is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you.”[a]

Footnotes:

  1. Romans 2:24 Isaiah 52:5 (see Septuagint); Ezek. 36:20,22

Father God I pray that I am an example of your goodness. Lord clean my heart and search my desires so that they are in line with your will. When I am in the world, help me to make the right decisions that lead me closer to you. When I desire a covenant relationship that includes public acknowkedgment of a relationship, am I wrong to want that? I want a ring, and announcements of a commitment to love, honor and cherish. Lord, I know I have sinned and I am a sinner. I walk with the knowledge of your grace and love everyday. I have to be true to my self and not deny my problems. What concerns me the most is of little consequence to others. Lord, I see how a ring establishes your covenant with a couple. I ask for nothing more than what is already established. My miracle is within me. I will walk with faith knowing that God hearsmy prayers and will judge me accordingly. My love is strong and forever. Be Blessed today. Know that you are loved and cherished.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive