Thursday, January 17, 2013

Friendship With Jesus Cost

John 15:18-21

The World Hates the Disciples

18 “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.20 Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’[a] If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. 21 They will treat you this way because of my name,for they do not know the one who sent me.

Father God, thank you for today. Thank you for my healing and my grace and new mercies. Lord if love is to characterize our relationship with other believers, then the opposite must be true for non believers. Hate is such a strong emotion. When others hate us and not even know us, or not even care to know us then the world has succeeded in its persecution. Lord I pray for those who walk by faith and love and are constantly thought to be weak and inadequate. The world hates what it doesn't understand. If Jesus was persecuted, what makes us think that we won't be persecuted. We can't please everyone, so our goal, my goal, is to please God. Keep me on the path of righteousness, Lord. Don't let me go astray trying to please the world. Let  the truth be my focus. I know I have weaknesses and faults, but I look to  Jesus who had none and was still persecuted. He was blameless, innocent, and he suffered and was killed. My complaints are minor and insignificant  compared to what he went through. Lord, I know that you love me and you are forever with me. Keep me strong in my faith. I believe in you and know that my trust in you is not wasted. You are my rock. I will believe in you and cherish the relationship. Our relationship Lord is a gift. I will never let it go. I may be challenged to turn my back or to just stop believing in the truth, but I will not walk away. Lord, we are stuck together. Through the good and the bad. You said you will never leave me nor forsake me and I am taking you at your word. Your word is your bond. As I struggle daily to stay a disciple, I know your word is true. I know that will always be a believer, I just pray that my faith walk will be strengthen each and every day with my constant reinforcement of your word. Thank You Lord for your Comforter. You said I would not do this alone and you have sent your Comforter which I desperately need. You look out for me Lord, you protect me. Thank you Lord. May God Bless all of the Believers today and encourage them to stay faithful.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive