Thursday, January 10, 2013

Godly Sorrow

 

2 Corinthians 7:8-16

New International Reader's Version (NIRV)
8 Even if my letter made you sad, I’m not sorry I sent it. At first I was sorry. I see that my letter hurt you, but only for a little while. 9 Now I am happy. I’m not happy because you were made sad. I’m happy because your sadness led you to turn away from your sins. You became sad just as God wanted you to. So you were not hurt in any way by us.
10 Godly sadness causes us to turn away from our sins and be saved. And we are certainly not sorry about that! But worldly sadness brings death.
11 Look at what that godly sadness has produced in you. You are working hard to clear yourselves. You are angry and alarmed. You are longing to see me. You are concerned. You are ready to make sure that the right thing is done. In every way you have proved that you are not guilty in that matter.
12 So even though I wrote to you, it wasn’t because of the one who did the wrong. It wasn’t because of the one who was hurt. Instead, I wrote you so that in the sight of God you could see for yourselves how faithful you are to us. 13 All of that cheers us up.
We were also very glad to see how happy Titus was. You have all renewed his spirit. 14 I had bragged about you to him. And you have not let me down. Everything we said to you was true. In the same way, our bragging about you to Titus has also turned out to be true. 15 His love for you is even greater when he remembers that you all obeyed his teaching. You received him with fear and trembling. 16 I am glad I can have complete faith in you.

Lord Almighty, I pray to you today for many things. I am a sinner and I confess my sins to you Lord. I pray that  I am able to see where sin is in my life. I want you to reveal to me Lord where I am covering up sin and scandal and allow me the strength to call it what it is, sin. Lord do not let me cover up the problem. I pray that I am not unevenly yoked. Let me call sin, sin and not commit to worldly views of the situation. I praise God for what I can learn from the situation. Lord, your word says ask for what you desire. I ask you Lord, in 2013, for three things. I pray for a husband. Do not allow my heart to fall for an unbeliever. I do not want to be unevenly yoked. I pray for a new job that is better suited for my temperment and personality. I do not want to be in anything that does not give me the opportunity to glorify the Lord. Finally, Lord, my health. Keep me focused on taking care of myself, spiritually, mentally and physically. Let me remember that my body is a temple of God and to treat it accordingly. Love myself so that I can love others. I pray that I can be a beacon of light for the Lord. I give glory to God in all that I do and all that I say. My heart is for the Lord. I love the Lord and I am working towards my salvation. One day we will all have our judgment day and I pray that God will say, well done my child, well done.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive