Sunday, October 30, 2011

What is Success

Dear God, when I seek time with you, I am looking for answers to my many problems and questions. My mind is racing with the troubles and cares of my life. I seek you to find peace and to understand what is really important. What idols have I made in my life that have lead me away from you Lord? Was it the money, recognition, acceptance by others? When I look at the true value of these things they do not measure up to your Kingdom. I don't accepts the world's approach to wealth and leadership, yet I continue to struggle for some comfort here on earth. Finding the balance is the struggle.

Matthew 19:20-21
...What do I still lack? Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

Proverbs 16:1-3
To man belong the plans of the heart, but from the Lord comes the reply of the tongue. All a man's ways seem innocent to him but motives are weighed by the Lord. Commit to the Lord whatever you do and your plans will succeed.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive