Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Purpose of God

Lord I have a love-hate relationship with your will. I want to know it, to discover it, to include it in my life. I know I will not be whole without it. But then I know that deep down it might be something that I don't want, something I find too hard, something that will challenge me too much. Too many restrictions, too much of a change. But Lord I want you to reveal yourself to me. Reveal your will. Help me to recognize the patterns that have developed. The ones that lead me to your will and purpose in my life. What does it mean to be chosen by God? To live in his will and purpose? How to balance the things that I think I know are God's will against the things that are my will? How do I get God's blessings? I am blessed each and every day with God waking me up and allowing me to have the knowledge that He alone is King of Kings and Lord of Lord. How do I make it in this earthly world? Am I whining over nothing? If things will get better will I even notice it getting better? A year ago I was going through major emotional turmoil, now I am not. Are things better, have they changed, or is it my attitude about the situation which really doesn't seem to have changed much. Its how I look at the situation now. My perception is what has changed. My coping skills have increased so that what upset me before doesn't affect me like that anymore. Is that a good thing or a bad thing because now I am more indifferent. WHERE IS THE PASSION. I AM A CAPTIVE IN INDIFFERENCE. Was that the best I could do, just not care? God I know there is more to it than that. Light the fire of passion and reach deep within to rekindle the emotions. Maybe that was the problem in the first place, too much emotion.
Praise be to God, the Father of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 1:1-14

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive