Monday, September 5, 2011

I Don't Mind Waiting

When God calls us to complete a task, we know we should be faithful and diligent until it is accomplished but sometimes we grow weary and discouraged. Obstacles block our path, opponents mock us, and over time we just think the only thing to do is give up. So during this time we are encouraged by a fresh word from God. God gently rebukes us then offers us strong encouragement and genuine hope. God gives us renewed vision of how our task fits into his broader plan and purpose in the world. The Lord encourages us to complete whatever task he has given us and to see it from his eternal perspective. Not what we want but what God wants us to do. When we return to the Lord we understand that waiting is part of our task so we wait patiently and with love and peace in our heart. Sometimes we have to remember that its not our will but God's will and purpose. I don't mind waiting is my new mantra.
God has blessed me with the ability to bounce back, regroup, and to return to the task at hand. I'm still here, I'm not in a hospital,jail, mental institution, or drug house. God has plans for me. How to reinvent myself and continue God's task without growing weary and discouraged is my new task. Receiving a fresh word, a new outlook, a treasure from within. I thank God for his forgiveness and love. I am blessed to be forgiven and loved by God. I know that I have been blessed and I don't take that blessing lightly. Thank You Lord for your blessings. I don't mind waiting on the Lord.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive