Sunday, November 23, 2008

Your Word is Full of Power

I thank you for giving me a spirit of power, and of love and of a calm and well balanced mind, and discipline and self-control. I thank you for empowering me to stay focused and concerned. I equip myself for success and I am willing and ready to help any and everyone who needs it. I didn't even remember the befriend a family for the Thanksgiving meal. I haven't had a chance to get a bulletin in weeks, but today I did. Now I don't believe in giving excuses for me not doing something or for me doing something. Sometimes you just have to be able to see life ahead and say that life is a mystery and a lot of it will not be explained to us. We try to explain everything with words. Words have been our way to explain everything that touches our hearts and our mind. Words speak to our heart, but its not the only way to communicate. As Mary Poppins says, "First of all, I would like to make one thing quite clear; I never explain anything." Words.
I pray that we are able to help the poor and disenfranchised to the point that they are not constantly portrayed as "those" people. Why do the rich feel they have to have some benefit or charity to help the poor. Why cant we have a standard of living that uplifts us all. How rich does one have to be? Why cant we pull our lowest up to a comfortable, honest living wage?
I do believe that its not too late. I believe that we have hope for ourselves. As James says, faith without works is dead. Be blessed tonight and be a blessing to someone.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive