Thursday, November 27, 2008

What Am I Thankful For

I am thankful for having someone to love.
I am thankful that I am able to make decisions for myself.
My word of the day is resolve. Resolve means to solve or settle differences, to make a firm decision, to state formally in a resolution.
To have great determination. As it orginates from the Latin, to untie, to have resolve is to be willing to disentangle and free myself from forces that oppose my decision. Even if I am struggling with myself.
I am thankful that I can strengthen my resolve. I can still work harder. I am thankful that God still loves me even after my mess ups.
I'm thankful that even though I lost loved ones this year, I was able to enjoy them while they were here.
I'm thankful that I have a job that allows me to meet my financial obligations. There was a time when that wasnt so.
I look back over my life and realize that God has brought me a long way. I may not be where I want to be but I am not where I was.
I'm thankful that my girls are healthy and working. They are supportive of the community that they live in, they have jobs and seem to be well rounded, loving people. I would only want them to go to church more. But I am thankful that I am not visiting a jail or hospital this year.
I pray for the ones who are visiting hospitals, jails and maybe are just alone. I know that we will not have people over. We will just be be six people who are in a house together. I know what the isolation is like when you are not fellowshipping with your family. We are living separate lives. We will cook different parts of the meal in the kitchen at different times. My mom and I arent talking again. My daughter and mom will do most of the talking to each other. My daughter and I are talking. My dad does almost no talking. My brother is sleeping due to his work schedule so he is not available till late. We dont sit down to eat together. We all go to our respective places, rooms or whatever. I usedto cook a huge meal bu this year I will not. With my other daughter gone, my brother's diet has drastically changed after his heart attack and diabetes scare, my dad doesnt need or even eat large amounts of food, its just a waste to make lots of food. That sounds so depressing. Its not that bad really. Just adjusting to a new way of living healthier and lighter.I am thankful that I have four days to work on my portfolio. This National Board is no joke. Meetings every week. Writing asignments. More meetings. Videotaping lessons. Let us not forget the fact that I still have a respondsibility as a teacher to prepare for my classes as well. This is above and beyond the regular, required and routine of my job. Thank You God for giving me the opportunity to do something so wonderful and reflective of my own teaching and style.
I am thankful that God has given me the opportunity to find out who I am and what I amcapable of doing. Stretch me, mold me, give me an opportunity to expand, learn and explore. I pray that you are with people who you love today. I know you will have lots of company. I dont worry about you being alone since you have lots of contact and friends who have invited you to join with them. Be blessed today and know that you are loved very much.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive