Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Love Dare

Today God tricked me. It was really quite clever. I had to take my daughter to the airport for her seasonal trip to Idaho. After waiting and finding that she did manage to get on the plane, I headed back home. I decided to go see a movie. Spontaneously I made this decision. I hadn't looked at any schedules, I didn't even know what the new movies were. So when I got to the theatre, I just picked whatever was available at the time. There were two movies, Quarantine and Fireproof. Since I know a little about the other movie, Quarantine, that it was about zombies or something to do with horror, which I don't like, I opted for the other which I had heard nothing about. I read the synopsis and it sounded OK, nice way to spend a couple of hours. Nothing to deep, maybe even lighthearted. It turned out to be a christian movie and it was about marriage. I thought it was going to be predictable and boring, but it wasn't. The Love Dare Journal was what peeked my interest. The movie touched my heart. Incredibly enough I left wanting to know more about the Love Dare Journal. How to save a marriage. How to understand the nature of true unconditional love. The covenant of marriage and how it is a bond not to be broken. God was teaching me today and I was a reluctant learner but I came out of that a much wiser person. Thank You Lord for still loving me enough to want to teach me something. I knew that the initial things I saw in this movie was that it was a evangelical traditional right wing christian movie. There were elements of that in the movie, I can definately see where the target audience, young, white, middle class, would find it inspirational as well. I found that it reached everyone. We all enjoyed it. Be blessed and be a blessing to someone. I have to read tomorrow and I have to practice.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive