Saturday, February 3, 2007

Hello

Today was so cold. I went to the car to help bring in groceries and the cold was excruciating. I will be so glad when this cold spell is over.

I cant believe I am sitting here wondering what to write.Yesterday I found out the science thing was for the region and not citywide. Now she has to compete city wide. The science teacher is working with her regularly. I hope she wins. We had a presentation of the MLK Project yesterday and it was very interesting. A one woman show depicting different people who were involved in the civil rights movement. Some know and some not so known. It included African Americans, Jewish Americans, Italian Americans, Latino and elderly. The children were also able to ask question and interact with the performers. That evening I went to the sisterhood event.Austin and I. We talked about obedience. The need to be cognizant of each other's needs. The ability to be our sister's keeper. We need to not only be able to protect other people but to put them in check when they need it. Are we really able to see the flaws in others and still be a positive force. Can we begin to correct our inability to think clearly sometimes. I know that I have to keep my mind focused on the things of God. I have to go now. Baby stuff.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive