Monday, March 17, 2014

Understanding

Acts 25:13-26:32
My Dear Lord and Savior thank you for today. I have been blessed to have another day. I understand that I must have a heart of patience and love. I have to listen to you with my heart and my mind. I know you know me better than I know myself. I am an open book to you. You are intimate and aware of everything. No detail of my life is hidden from you. Cleanse me, renew me, heal me. Allow me to pray for something for me. Touch my heart. Lord, allow me to see injustice and have a soft heart. I want to recognize the innocence of poverty, homelessness and the economic injustice in schools. Help me to help others see the need that is there. Maybe if I do for others, my prayer might be answered. God I need you to help me. Help me do what needs to be done today. I have a dread of what is to come today. Nothing specific, just a feeling. In my reading today, they had nothing specific to accuse Paul of, but nonetheless, he was imprisoned. Persecuted for what? Believing in the miracle of Jesus Christ rising from the dead? Believing in Jesus at all? He is going against the grain. What is it about going against the grain for the wrong thing that people will accept but when you do it for the right thing, they want to kill you? He pleads his case and they find no true crime committed. Stay committed to what is right. Believe in the true God. Know that my prayer will be answered. I can do this. It will happen. I have patience in God. I can wait on God. I ask God to give me peace and  a heart to love the people that surround me daily. Help me not to yell at the kids today and to be understanding. Give me patience. I love you.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive