Monday, June 17, 2013

 

Proverbs 17:22

New International Version (NIV)
22 A cheerful heart is good medicine,
    but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.
 

John 21:18

New International Version (NIV)
18 Very truly I tell you, when you were younger you dressed yourself and went where you wanted; but when you are old you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will dress you and lead you where you do not want to go.”
 
Father God thank you for today. I am here by your grace only. You have given me an opportunity to praise you another day. My dad is in the hospital. I spent most of the morning with him in the ER yesterday. I'm sure its fine. I pray that you are with him. He doesn't pray but I believe he knows Jesus.  He is scared but I pray for his healing. His strength and his faith in the staff  to allow them to fix the problem needs to be stronger. Then I have new choices  to be make for him. Lord, our quality of life and our ability to help ourselves dwindle as we age. Our willingness to let others help us has to be seen as a positive and not a negative.  As we age our spirit has to be a cheerful one. Our mind feels like we are young, but our bodies break down and deteriorate if we are not taking care of them. There are so many things that try to pull me away from you. So many things that I can focus on that are not about you. I don't want to lose my focus. Now I am behind schedule on my duties. I do these things because I want to. I do other things because I have to. My heart has to be cheerful. My intentions have to be pure. I blame no one but myself for my situation. I can make the choice to change it. God is good to me. God is very good to me. I'm so sorry I missed you yesterday. I wasn't able to leave the hospital. I know I don't need to apologize for being at the hospital but I feel like I do, just so you know I would have rather been with you. Be blessed today and be a blessing to someone. I love you.
 
 

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive