Sunday, June 2, 2013

I Give All of Me to You

I Give To You All of Me, not just a little. I say it but don't show it. So really that means nothing. You tell me to leave if I am not committed. I am committed to the cause. I am committed to doing something to ensure the future of our children and people are better than it was for me. I have to separate my love for you with my love for my country and the people in it.  I hate that. You are important to me and I refuse to walk away from you. What is important to you is important to me. I give of myself to become more like Jesus.
I give my tithes and more to what is important to me.
I give my talents, what few I have, to what interest me.
I give my time to you. What ever I can do, I do for me.
The truth is important to me. Faith is important to me. Love is important to me. Trust is important to me. Can I trust you to be committed. I hope so. Can I trust in you? I pray that I can. Can I separate my love for you with my love for my faith? I pray that I can. I love the Lord and believe you do too. I believe that your fight is for truth and justice and faith. So daily I will commit to exposing my heart and view to you. I believe we can make a difference in this world. It is possible to make a difference.
That's what I would like to believe is true. I know I have not always believed as I should. My trust is lacking. I ask God to increase my faith. This has been an ongoing love affair for over twenty years and its still in the metamorphosis stage. When does it move from the cocoon to the butterfly stage? When are we to mature in this relationship? We keep getting older. Life is a journey. I am a convert. I have been knocked off of my high horse and now I am doing what is right. I am committed. I have  stopped doing the wrong things. I have the greatest respect for you. whatever God wants me to do, I will do. Hear me, understand me, know me, want me.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive