Saturday, November 12, 2011

Train Up A Child

So Lord tomorrow I start teaching Sunday School. I like the idea of having the small children. Maybe that will help adjust my attitude toward the bigger ones that I deal with during the week. I want to like them again. We are preparing for youth Sunday in December so this ought to be interesting. I do hate missing service though. Especially since I don't see enough of you as it is. My Sunday is every second Sunday so far. I'll just have to see if this is something I want to do on a regular basis.
Proverbs 22:6 says to "train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it."

That is our foundational scripture and what we will structure for our students over the next month. What does this look like in a child. What does it mean for a parent to train up their child. How do we train our child in a manner that is both acceptable and individual to that child? We cannot expect it to look the same for all children.

This truth is reinforced by Psalm 119:11, reminding us that if we hide God's Word in our hearts, it will keep us from sinning against God. So, do yourself and your kids a favor—start tucking the Word of God into your hearts today.

Exodus 20:12
Honor your father and mother. Then you will live a long, full life in the land the Lord your God is giving you. (NLT)

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive