Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Living By the Spirit

Galatians 5:16-26
16 So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. 17 For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever[a] you want. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.


So I say that if Christ has set us free the we are free. Why are we not living free? If God loves me and knows that I am valuable then I love me and I know that I am valuable. The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. When I think of my inconsistency I find that I have to develop a willingness to stick to my commitment. A willingness to want to see something through to the end. Like a harvest time. It has been planted, cared for, waited for, and eventually there is a harvest. Being on one accord about the relationship. Wanting to see it come to fruition. Knowing that I am redeemed. Forgiving and being forgiven. Moving forward and really putting things in the past. I thank God for being consistent. Continually to reinforce that I am loved. Not just saying it but showing it and being consistent with that love.Not just thinking it or saying it but showing it outwardly. Unconditional love is God's love. I do not want to believe that I have given up the possibility of a committed relationship in my lifetime. I want a covenant relationship and in that relationship I expect it to be intimate and loving. I do not want to think that I will never have another intimate relationship in my lifetime. I will keep believing and know that I do not have to have sex outside of marriage. I havent had it for over ten years so I know I can still wait. It hasnt been easy but then certain things mean more than meaningless, loveless cheap sex. I am worth more than that and I will and have saved myself for a committed relationship. That's over a decade. I thank God for the Spirit working in my life to help me when I feel out of step. Thank you God. The bad thing is I substituted food instead. Now to lose the weight even more than I have already. If its not one thing its another. Good Night and Be Blessed.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive