Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Needs or Concerns

We are constantly tested on our value system. We have a creative tension between living on earth and heaven. God doesn't want us penniless and homeless but neither are we to assume that we are to be wealthy and mansions all over the world. We live for today and have concern for our tomorrow. We don't escape preparing for tomorrow but it cannot be our only concern. God will provide. How have I been enticed by the material world lately? Am I like the rich man who received a rich harvest only to find out his life would be demanded of him that very night? Do I worry what I will eat and what I will wear, knowing I have little control over the time I have here on earth or how I will manage anything that I worry about? God  knows that I have need of these things, but I must seek HIS KINGDOM FIRST and then these things will be given to me as well. Know that God is first. So when I go about my daily plans for my life, I seek advice, guidance and love from God. I ask God to mold my values and priorities into his own. I know that God does not condemn possessions, but they must be used for his good. God wants me to do his will on earth. Whether we are rich or poor we have to rely on God. God is not only for the poor or middle class. God doesn't hate the rich and wealthy. Its how we use the talents and blessings that we are given. What judgments and decisions do we make that reflect our decision to respect God's value in our lives? Do my choices reflect a christian or Christ like lifestyle? Am I ready for what will come? Am I prepared or am I sleeping?  Will I be caught off guard when the time comes? Are my concerns of value or of little consequences in the whole scheme of things?
Luke 12:13 through 13:21

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive