Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Return to Him

Help me Lord to return to you. Help me to identify what leads me away and help me to be thankful for your forgiveness and love.

Lord, when I feel distant from you help me to return to your love. Help me to know that your love is all I need.

When I wander away from you Lord, when I do things that displease you, You seem so far away. You have not moved away, I have moved away. Help me to come closer. Help me to know you.

I realize that the Lord longs for my return. Like a jealous lover, he wants my undivided loyalty and affection. I cannot share it with those that want to pull me away. I want to move closer to you Lord.

I pray that I am repentant. I pray that I listen and pay attention to those that know when evil and wrong doing is going on and that I am able to listen to their advice. I pray that I learn the lessons from my forefathers and elders.

I pray that I listen to the truth from the youth. Understand their point of view to allow them to grow into the greatest they can be for the Lord.

I pray that I am not too late. I pray that I hear the voice of God throughout my life. I pray that the visions and dreams of my country, my family, my life are in line with God's vision for the whole world to be at rest and in peace.

God offers hope to those of us who are feeling despair and joy to those of us who are feeling overwhelmed with sorrow.

We pray and choose to believe in God and know that our Lord loves us and wants the best for us.

We return to the Lord because when its all said and done, we give ourselves away so that the Lord can use us and we are confused and disappointed when we are not close to God.

We wonder what to do, how to do it and pray that God will guide us on what to do. Have we not been able to see ourselves as God sees us? Lord allow me to be successful in everything I do for you.

Zechariah 1:3
...the Lord Almighty says: Return to me, declares the Lord Almighty, and I will return to you,' says the Lord Almighty.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive