Sunday, March 13, 2011

Under Construction - Sunday's Sermon with my Pastor

(My interpretation on one of the best sermon's ever, I submit myself to your will. I give up fighting. It is truly your way)
Most of the resistance is within ourselves. There is so much God wants to do through us and with us. We have to rely on God to help us. There is greatness inside us. God will stretch us to get the greatness from inside of us. God will wrestle with you in order to get out of you what he knows is within you.

I know that God can change a life because I am a witness. Jacob was a trickster. One struggle after another. Jacob started his struggle in the womb. Jacob was holding on to Esau's heel. Jacob was fighting in the womb to get out of the womb first. He conived with his mother to steal the birth right from his older brother.

We call unhealthy relationships healthy. Don't settle for unhealthy relationships. Don't settle for anything. I'm too important to deal with nonsense. Link yourself with someone who recognizes the importance and greatness within you.

God has to empty some stuff out of Jacob. When we look over our lives and see all the confusion and baggage we keep carrying with us. We can't have a relationship because we are carrying the baggage of the broken relationships.  We have to pull the chain on the bus, get off and look at who we are. We have to acknowledge there is some stuff going on in me that needs to be emptied out.  If we don't empty the stuff it will kill our joy, ou possibility and our potential.  Jacob wrestled with the man until daybreak. God needs us to get to the place where we have the fight of our lives. Every now and then we are at a crossroad. A very significant place in our journey. Will you get to the place in your life now where you have to say enough is enough. You can't continue to go on the path you are going on or it will destroy your future.

That's just how important the stuff is. If you don't deal with this now it will take your future. I can't allow you to stay where you are and lose the future I have for you. Some of us are so comfortable with the stuff in our lives. We are stuck on stupid. Some stuff needs to be changed.

I WANT A NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE. GOD WANTS US TO DEAL WITH THE STUFF IN OUR LIVES THAT IS STOPPING US FROM GETTING TO THAT NEW CHAPTER IN OUR LIVES.

God wants us to deal with the stuff. Let go of the stuff behind us and go for a fresh start. Something new. There's some stuff I have just outgrown. I want the fresh thing. I'm tired of business as usual. I want something more. The game is over. I'm telling the devil the game is over.
I'm tired of business as usual. Every now and then God has to prove to us that he is the Lord of our life.

We all have some gangster in us. We don't know ourselves sometimes. We can be ambushed by God. God will let us play and act foolish until he lets us know He is the Lord of Lord and King of King. God will and our will wrestle. Jesus wrestled in the garden.  Wrestling will always bring us to the place where we will submit to Him.

SUBMIT. SUBMIT. SUBMIT. SUBMIT.

we live in ARROGANCE. WE ARE THE BIGGEST BULLY IN THE WORLD. WE CANT TAKE CARE OF AMERICANS BUT WE ARE GOING TO TELL OTHERS HOW TO LIVE.

The path starts with the place of submission. God has to get us to a place where we say I give up. We are bamboozled to think we can take charge and handle our lives. That means nothing when we come to a crisis in our life.

We say just in case God don't we say let me do this. Until we decrease God can't increase. I pray that during this lenten season, we come to a place where we say, I give up. I can't fight with you. What ever you want me to do, do it. I give up. It may not look good or feel good  but I give up.

I need you to get to the place where you say, I give my self away so that you can acknowledge and accept God as my Lord and my soverign, you are Lord. We give parts of ourselves, but we hold on to a part where we think we need to keep certain parts. God wants all of us. ALL of US. Not just part of us.

It's where you get to the place where you can't save yourself. If God doesn't do it, then it can't be done. We are in situations where we have to know that it was God and God alone. When we just hold on to God and stop wrestling with him about everything in our lives we decide that we are just going to hold on. HOLD ON> STOP WRESTLING with GOD. Stop arguing with God. I'm done trying to do it my way. I can't handle me. I can't handle this church. I need you. As long as I have you Lord, its going to be all right.

Hold On to his unchanging hand.

God says We are Beautiful, a lender and not a borrower. God wants us to spend the rest of our lives depending on him. Depend on him. Lean on him. We may not have a visible limp, but when we come to the point that we can't make it without you. No peace, no joy, then we have a limp. We have a limp. We will lean on God. I can't make it without you Lord, I can't live without you Lord.

Today is a new beginning. I submit totally.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive