Monday, March 7, 2011

God's Shaping Hand

God allows major events to shape our lives. We are influenced by God's pressure for us to conform. I picture myself as the clay and God is the potter. Though it may stretch me and break me and pull me in a different direction from where I was before, I have to allow the process to take place. Just like if I were getting braces. I know the end result will be good but the process is painful and long.
Jeremiah 18:1-4

Jeremiah 18

At the Potter’s House
 1 This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the LORD: 2 “Go down to the potter’s house, and there I will give you my message.” 3 So I went down to the potter’s house, and I saw him working at the wheel. 4 But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive