Sunday, March 13, 2011

Good Morning

Thank You for showing me that there is important work that needs to be done. Important to promote peace with our brothers and sisters.

How can we say we love the Lord that we do not see and not our brothers and sisters whom we see every day? I see that we are called to do a job.

We cannot forget that there is much work to be done. When I think about sitting back, or letting someone else do the work, God reminds me that I have a role.

No matter how big or small, I have a role. I have to do my part. I have to contribute. If my contribution is time, money or resources then I have to give them.

If a job is worth doing, then it is worth doing well. Integrity and respect come to those that take pride in the quality of their job, their craftsmanship, their responsibility.

What God has placed in my hands to do, I have to do well. To the very best of my ability. You have to do your best or dont do it at all.

Don't volunteer for everything and do it all half done. Don't set yourself up for failure. Don't over extend yourself so that you are disappointing more than you are enriching and rewarding.

If we do our part faithfully then God will do the rest.

I wonder why God doesnt allow certain things to happen in my life, even when I pray for them to happen, but I have to remember that its not just about me.

My prayers affect many peoples lives and I am realizing one thing about my prayer. I can't have everything I want. There are consequences that affect so many lives. I have to be ready to give up certain things if I am to truly receive and give of myself.

Am I feeling overwhelmed by commitments to my church and fellowship? Am I ready for a new challenge with my church? Have I reflected on my commitment and am I truly ready for a new commitment?

I feel so distant, I want more commitment, but I am restricted. I thank God for whatever I am able to do. I reflect and commit myself to building a new relationship. Place me where I am needed and where I can do my best. Allow me to flourish and grow. Let me work hard at God's will. Let me see the good that I can do. Help me to make a change. Help me to be strong for you. Help me to reflect on my commitment of service to God.

Nehemiah 12 - (Recognizing the important people who do the difficult, tedious, and regular jobs. All the things that make the running of a community possible)

We think if I had never fallen in love, I could do my life forever and be satisfied, but once I have fallen in love, I find all the daily tasks to be unbearable without you. Life before love, I could do forever, life after love, becomes a struggle of choices.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive