Monday, November 9, 2009

Spiritual Maturity

Father God I seek to grow spiritually. Father I come to you seeking both compassion and patience. You are allowing me to stretch and grow as one of your disciples.

Your word says that if anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it.

What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit his very self? If anyone is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels. - Luke 9:23-26

Father, I thank you that we are called to be your saints, your disciples. We call those things into being that be not as though they were. Father I thank you that there is no division and that we are perfectly joined together and on one accord in the same mind. As your representative we speak your Word boldly. Father we speak the truth in love. We walk in love and we magnify your love as a witness not only to believers but to disciples. We meet the needs of people who come spiritually broken, lost souls, and physically challenged. Father we seek a vision for the church that is more than enough for every situation before us. We have everything we need to carry out your vision for our church. We are a people of love and we spread love and love is in our hearts. The word of God lives within us and we strive to show God's works within our lives. Do others see God within us? Are we laborers of God? Is his Spirit within me? Am I a living example of his love. Has God grown impatient with me?

Father God your apostle has returned from a very intense and spiritual mission. As leader and teacher he sees where we can go, what we can do, if on one accord and he finds there is still reluctance. Why cant we move forward? Why has nothing changed? Why are we still doing the same thing and getting the same results? Why? Why? Why?
Short term cost for long term benefits? How does that work? What do I do? As I ask these questions, I know that God is in control, He's working it out. Trust and believe that everything is going to be alright, no matter what. His time is not my time. Patience is truly a virtue. Years and years of waiting mean nothing to God. This is where spiritual maturity comes in. Show some maturity and strength. Embrace what God has allowed to happen.

Be blessed and be a blessing to someone today. I love you.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive