Saturday, November 7, 2009

Passion

You can not be passionate about being in a relationship if you are not passionate about Him.
Why is it that people dont want you to know the truth about themselves? When you find out something, when the armor is chinked, you have to decide, is this major or minor. Is it really that serious or is it their character and something that is not going to change. If you are constantly surrounded by/rescued by/ rescuing others then are you enabling that behavior?

Why cant you help out your children every now and then? We love them. Especially when they are trying to help themselves. Times are hard and I remember when I was young and trying to make it. I wouldn't ask my parents unless it was thevery, very, last resort. They knew if I came to them, I had no other choice. I imagine that your boys feel the same way. They wouldnt ask you for anything unless they had exhausted all other means. Its not easy being on your own and if you have family that can help you, then all the better.

They seem to be responsible citizens who are contributing members of society. Neither are in jail or drug addicts, so you did something right with them. I do understand that you dont want to be thought of as an easy mark. You dont want them asking weekly for money, then they are not managing their money.

God knows I have two daughters who for the most part are self sufficient, if you call living in my house with her son sufficient. That one doesnt get money, but we help each other out sometimes. The other one, I occasionally send money maybe once every three or four months. Is that too much? Who else are they going to get help from? Times are hard and I dont have a fortune either. I would like to think that they are responsible and caring. Not on drugs and committing crimes. I'm not aiding and abetting criminals. I'm helping my children who are trying to make it in this world on their own. They need some sense of independence.

As I continue to know God I know that their are setbacks, mountains and valleys in all of our lives. Part of the test of life is to see if we have overcome or was it a defeat. Did we learn a lesson, build character or are we hearbroken and disillusioned. After all of that can we still lift our hands and give God praise and thanksgiving. Can we thank him for what he has already done? Can we be real and come to God from our heart in times of crisis? Can we love God for who he is and not for what he can give us? Do we demand that of our family? Can they love us for who we are, even when we are in crisis? No body can hurt you like family. Nobody can get that deep into your character like family.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive