Thursday, November 19, 2009

Spiritual Decay

Sometimes we emphasizning loving people and not endangering our relationship with them over challenging them to get right with the Lord. When we think like this, we have accepted the world's value of the situation and not kingdom values.

In order for us to get back into right relationship with God we have to concern ourselves with what God has said and done biblically. Others need to hear God's Word through us.

I know that in God's kingdom there are upfront gifts and the supporting gifts. Those that we see directly and those that work behind the scenes. Thank you God for allowing me to be an encouragement for others. Thank you that I am encouraged by them as well. Do not let them feel that they are in a thankless job. Remind them of their love for God. Let the commitment to being faithful to God's kingdom be rewarding for them. Know that God loves you deeply.

I ask God to show mercy to us according to His great love. Lord I know that you seek the truth and rejoice when we have cleansed our self of all iniquities. Forgive me Lord for times when I have fallen short of being an example for your kingdom. When pride or selfishness have made me indulge in the flesh.

I choose Jesus rather than the indulgence of my flesh. I command my body to get in line with you4r Word. Father God I am your child and I confess that Jesus Christ is Lord over my spirit, my soul, and my body. I make Him Lord over every situation in my life. Therefore I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me.

I have made a quality decision to give you my appetite. I will exercise and discipline myself to line up with keeping my body as a temple for God. I will resist temptation and self indulgence. I have been given a spirit of power and and love and sound mind. I have discipline and self control over my body. I resist temptation in Jesus Name.

I run with patience and know that this is a declaration of a commitment to improving the quality of my life. I will have struggles and unnecessary distractions, but never the less, I will always get back on track, keep my eye on the prize and reduce/eliminate food that is harmful to me.

I thank God for providing a food source for me but I am respectful to not be a glutton.

Lord I seek your guidance and forgiveness in every decision that I make today. Show me the way to go and the things to say. In Jesus Name I make this prayer.
Be blessed today and be a real blessing to someone.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive