Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Receiving Forgiveness

Father God help me to receive my forgiveness. Help me to believe that I am forgiven. Help me to forgive myself.

Father God I count myself blessed that I get to have a new start. My slate is clean. Lord you hold nothing against me. I am fortunate and happy to be a child of God.

Forgiving myself for my past and present sins and transgressions will allow me to remove the feelings of guilt and unworthiness that keep pressure on my shoulders. Forgiving myself allows the pressure to be gone. I am not responsible for everybody and everything in my life.

My guilt dissolved, my self worth lifted up , I move forward, claiming a new life for myself. If God can forgive me then I can surely forgive myself. You have forgiven my transgressions, covered my sins, I am blessed you will never count my sins against me.

Your Word declares that if I ask for forgiveness, You will forgive me and cleanse me from all unrighteousness. Help me to believe, help me to receive my forgiveness. Help me to forgive myself.

My own demands of how I will follow God's commands in my life have caused me to give obedience but not in God's true intention. My repentance and obedience have been less than complete and total obedience. I have held back.

I thank God for his initiative in my life. Showing me that I have His forgiveness. I ask God to guide me in true, full repentance. Faith in his word is not my devotion to belief but my ability to take action . Faith without works is dead. I must move from reluctant to confident.

I enter, reluctant, unsure, with little confidence. I emerge as someone willing to take action when God asks me to do so. God give me encouragement when I waver in my faith. I pray that You will give me faith to carry out the tasks that You have for me. I forgive myself and move forward with a clean slate and the promises of God in my life.

Be blessed and be a blessing today.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive