Sunday, November 22, 2009

Hearing God's Truth

In making any decision, first seek the counsel of the Lord.
When you seek God's advice, let your mind and your heart be open to hear His word. Let His advice not fall on deaf ears. Seek God in every day matters.

Let God be sought daily. Do not lose the relationship with God.

Even when God gives you a message that doesn't line up with what you want or think you want. Seek God and follow His counsel.

Father God, in the name of Jesus, your Son, I confess your Word concerning healing.

I have sought things that were not directed by you. I let others tell me this is what I should do and I listened to them. You did not guide me down that path and it took up a lot of my time.

I grew distracted and distant. I had to fall on my face and get back up to see that national board, which I never really wanted to do in the first place, but I made it important in my life, was not for me. I knew this, I knew this, I knew, I could not give it what was needed to be successful but I continued, instead of quitting.

I didn't want to lose all that money, I didn't want to be wasteful, but I know now that I wasted something more valuable, my time.

I focused, somewhat, on something that I should not have, because I didn't want to be wasteful of others money. I didn't pay for the test but that shouldn't have mattered. Now that the scores are back and I see that I did not make it, I know, truthfully, that I also didn't submit my best work. In the sections that I did my best, I passed. The areas where I did minimal, I failed.

I was feeling trapped in the process and wanted it to be over. I know that it is very much a commitment to something I was not prepared to mentally and physically take on.

I fought doing the weekly writing, the weekly studying and the weekly work necessary to be successful in that arena. Now I have to explain to people that I didn't pass, while the other one with me did pass.

My principal was constantly pushing for this and will continue to push for me to take a retake. That I will not do. I'll just keep her at bay on that matter by being vague.

I see my job demanding so much more of me daily. More than I am willing to give. If I want to keep the job, I had better be more accountable and procedure oriented in the classroom. I know my downfall. I know where I have not provided the necessary materials for my class. The students are exhausting. Teaching is like a tag team relay race. How much information can I get in them and how much can they distract and not get anything done. Our children need to stop fighting with the teachers about their education.

But that doesn't change the demand. I am struggling with the ability to daily and weekly provide the time and resources to this career choice.

Have I sought God on this matter? I am not seeking God enough.

Daily, hourly, I must seek His Word and daily and hourly, I must believe in my own health and healing.

I believe in the name of Jesus that I am healed. Jesus took our infirmities and bore our sicknesses. I believe and confess that I am the property of the Almighty God and I give Satan no place to reside in me.

I rest in the secret place of the Most High God. I abide, remain stable, and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty, whose power no enemy can withstand.

I see the situation with my father crumbling around me. He is blessed that he doesn't have any serious physical illnesses. Mental illness is his major obstacle and loneliness. He basically spent his whole life alone, now he has a family and doesn't want to leave. I know he has been wondering what the next step along his journey will be. I want to make decisions that are compassionate and takes into the account the needs of all parties involved. I don't like being the sole decision maker regarding everything about his health and well being. Its funny, no one else wants to be involved because of his distance during his lifetime. Look at me now, do I feel like I owe him something? Why am I doing this? Why haven't I just turned my back like all the others? Its depleting my resources, time, and energy. I need to be realistic about this situation. I cant keep giving it small bits of time and not being successful when it needs huge chunks of time daily as well. I am not going to be successful with this building because it requires more time and energy than I have. I already leave work exhausted and tired. My day starts too early and ends too late. It is by the grace of God that I am not plagued by serious illness and infirmities.

Even as I get tenants in I see that they require attention too. Why do I take on so much? I know I cant handle all of this responsibility? No one else is even stepping forward to help. I have asked for help but it is very sporadic and limited. I need to watch my own health and remember that I cannot take care of others at the expense of myself.

I'm going to fall on my face and then what. I have take on his problems and responsibilities. I don't know what to do about that. How do I get out of this and leave something intact? Is this building going to be too much responsibility for me? Yes. Have I really sought God's Word on this situation? Not like I should, obviously.

Father God I reverence You. I worship You. Through my actions and my thoughts I have been distant. Father God your Word is a lamp unto my feet. I will seek you daily in my life. I cant make it without you. My decisions are wrong with out you. I plead that you encamp the angels of the Almighty Most High God around me and deliver me from every evil work that tries to snare me. Jesus, let no evil fall upon me, let no sickness come near me. I pray for perfect peace. Soundness of mind, body and spirit. I seek wholeness in my deepest nature. Let your word be medication to my body, my joints, my mind, my flesh and my soul.

So Lord, that's just the tip of the iceberg. I know you know all my minuscule woes, compared to the great matters of the world, but I give them over to you and I will pray this next hour for your guidance in the largest and smallest details of my life. I don't jumble all together I pray on one specific area. Should I....

Be blessed and be a Blessing to someone today.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive