Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Very Sad Day

I came in feeling sad and I left feeling sad.

I support you and your endeavors to help the children of our urban city. We cant turn our backs on them. I commend you for taking on a challenge that is not your own. You could easily walk away as others have done. You give your life to your passion. You are dedicated and passionate about what interest you and what is important to you. I stand by you with this flag issue but if you plan on burning the flag then I have to step back on that. I know you said you had a surprise for Memorial Day and I hope its not that. I will stand with the veterans when they come out in support of the upside down union, because we are not really in union when our children are killed with such randomness. I stand with you and I support you with the emphasis being on the children. Not your patriotism or whether the flag is being disgraced, its not about the flag, its about our children and their future. Its not about me and my
brokenness. I cry and pray for all of the mothers and children today who are mourning a loss. My cousins are spending the first Mother's Day without their mother. You are spending, yet another mother's day without your mom. Adults as well as children are broken and displaced today.

I know I am a broken vessel and I am just trying to compete with those that are perfect. How much do you really need to know about a person to really know that person? Is there ever a point where you can say you really know them inside and out, I think not. So has all this "knowing of me" really changed anything?that I am neither perfect, holy, sanctified or pure as the driven snow. You will never find out what it is you are looking for in me until we speak one on one. Only then will you know that which you seek.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive