Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Security

2 Corinthians 4:18

New International Version (NIV)
18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Isaiah 26:3

New International Version (NIV)
You will keep in perfect peace
    those whose minds are steadfast,
    because they trust in you

Dear Lord, You were so true today. Don't search for security in the world. We make mental checklist of all the things we need to do today. I have checked, my school stuff, work stuff, money stuff and all this before coming to God this morning. Usually its the other way around. God is first then I do all that other stuff, in the morning no less, before my day begins so I am all clogged up with the things I think need to be done. When I did come to my daily reading, what does it say, You tend to make mental checklist of the things you need to do in order to gain control over your life. The more you work to accomplish that goal, the more other things pop up on the list. So true.

You think you are getting a handle on something and something else comes up. The harder you try the more frustrated you become. My head and my heart are  so into gear to move forward with my relationship. They seem to work together. The body seems to be the culprit that foils us. The mouth does not say the thing necessary to move us forward.  I need to focus my attention on my relationship with God and his presence in my life. The more I focus on God, He will help me sort out my priorities. He will help me to focus on what is important and what is not so important. I will fix my eyes not on what is seen (my circumstances) but on what is unseen (God's presence) in my life. I spend so much time trying to figure out how to do something the right way and I have to remember that if I focus on God and ask for his help and guidance with the situation, he will show me the way out. We know what's right and yet we still do it wrong. Let God prioritize my list of things to do. You will always have a list, its just how attentive are you to God's influence with that list. It looks busy and overwhelming. Sometimes impossible. How can I possibly do that? But God knows. If God believes you can do it then you can do it. He placed it in my heart to do and I will do it. Have a blessed day today. I love you.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive