Monday, May 5, 2014

Anticipation

 

1 John 1:5-10

New International Version (NIV)

Light and Darkness, Sin and Forgiveness

This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all[a] sin.
If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.



Thank You for today Lord. Thank you for everything that you have done and will do for me. I am walking in your ways. I stand in the line, I make small talk, anticipating my turn. I get there. We exchange pleasantries and its over. Where is the conversation about how I am sorry, please forgive me, we have wasted so much time, I am the reason for the delay, God chooses fallen people, so he chose me. We have nothing. I ask how are you, you say fine, wonderful, blessed, then I say ok, have a blessed week and walk away. Then I say to myself, again, you walk away. Again and again. My one chance to make amends, and its gone in less than thirty seconds. Just like that. Over. That just doesn't make any sense. I shouldn't put that situation under so much pressure. Well Lord, there is work to do. I have to do a few hours of driving right now. Left my purse at school on Friday. Have a doctors appointment today, have to pick it up this morning and get back to Plainfield before 9:15. Let us have traveling mercies this morning.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive