Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Earning and Deserving vs Believing and Receiving

Luke 11:9-10

New International Version (NIV)
“So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

Good Morning Lord. Thank You for today. I am blessed to be here today. This is a time for blessings. I have been waiting for this day for quite some time. Today is a day for me to be happy. I didn't do anything to deserve it but God is blessing me anyway. If I waited for a time when I earned it or deserved it, God wouldn't have any reason to bestow anything on any of us. We neither earn nor deserve anything, but a gracious and mighty God has granted us gifts. When God gives us a blessing that we don't deserve and have not earned, we have to have a grateful heart. Like the song says, 'give thanks with a grateful heart'. Father God I am grateful for today. Come what may, I am receiving this as a time of abundance and blessing. This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. It is a day of thanksgiving. Good things come to those who wait. I trust you Lord. I trust you. I love you and thank you for today.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive