Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Taking Time

Matthew 5:43-48

New International Version (NIV)

Love for Enemies

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.


This is always so difficult. It will always be truly the most difficult. Easy to give the surface love, I forgive you, just keep it moving. Leave me alone and I can love you from afar. Have I really loved? Easy to follow the ones who like you and express that they care for  you. How to deal with difficult people. People who are just stubborn and down right wrong. What about the ones who are right but I don't want to admit it?  God forbid if I do say you are right then you never hear the end of it. They just like to keep the waters stirring.  Those who make it their business to make your life difficult.  When does a difference really make a difference? Why won't they just move on? Let something go? But no, no, no. Unless you are miserable right along with them then their day is incomplete. Be blessed today and be a blessing to someone. I love you.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive