Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Now That I Understand


Jonah 1-4

New International Version (NIV)

Jonah Flees From the Lord

1 The word of the Lord came to Jonah son of Amittai: 2 “Go to the great city of Nineveh and preach against it, because its wickedness has come up before me.”
3 But Jonah ran away from the Lord and headed for Tarshish . He went down to Joppa, where he found a ship bound for that port. After paying the fare, he went aboard and sailed for Tarshish to flee from the Lord.
4 Then the Lord sent a great wind on the sea, and such a violent storm arose that the ship threatened to break up. 5 All the sailors were afraid and each cried out to his own god. And they threw the cargo into the sea to lighten the ship.
But Jonah had gone below deck, where he lay down and fell into a deep sleep. 6 The captain went to him and said, “How can you sleep? Get up and call on your god! Maybe he will take notice of us so that we will not perish.”


Thank You Lord. Make it clear. Don't let me wander aimlessly trying to figure out what is important. Lord I pray to be where you need me to  be. I want to do what you want me to do. This missionary work that you have us on is our life mission.

Lord I didn't want to actually work hard on stopping violence. I wanted to give it the appropriate lip service. Blame the gangs and keep it moving. But there is so much more involved. We ARE TO BLAME ALSO. INSTEAD OF WHITE FLIGHT WE HAVE BLACK FLIGHT. We can blame the culture the misconception of every one can do it, if they just work hard and treat each other with respect and kindness. You can only begin to succeed under that rule when the basic survival needs are met. Shelter is secure and healthy. Health is good and the basic ability to work is there. The problem is so evident. We need to help each other and the help has to come from people who care about the outcome. Not a bandage. Real surgery and stitches. Post op recovery time and rehabilitation. Restore confidence in the people who are in authority. Right now it looks like everything is out of control and no one is in charge. We try a little of this and a little of that. We never give up but we must actually reach the hearts and minds of the shooters. Their hearts are so hardened because they don't have any idea how to love and care for anyone including themselves. We can say that so easily but to show it to them and to walk among them and hear their ridicule and disbelief is hard. But know that we are sent to preach the word and those that can hear will hear and those that will change will change. We leave no one behind if there is any chance to save them. So I walk. I love you, so I walk because you asked me to walk. Be Blessed and be a blessing to someone. I love you.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive