Saturday, January 7, 2012

Good News

Father God, Good Morning. Thank You for waking me up today and I thank you for giving me a sound mind so that I can seek you out today. God I seek your approval today, not man. I struggle to believe at times and I know that you have many challenges to keep me focused. When I see ways that the gospel is being perverted and how others will preach their version of a false truth I am disappointed. God gives us revelation to preach the gospel to the ones that you want us to reach, the good news.  To remember the poor and to spread the true gospel. When I am challenged with my role, keep me focused. Lord, I know that you assign us tasks, we have to do these things. Spreading your word, is important. Everyday I have to feed on your word, hear you talk to me, be close to me, interact with me on some level, and show me you love me. Its like a fire inside of me that has to come out. Spreading your word, doing your work, living for you, Lord you are important to me. How I manage to not become dissillusioned and feel that my efforts are in vain is my problem. I pray that we are not forced to hear more false teachings without the knowledge that we did not give in to them. When they teach wrong they have to be set straight. Our faith cannot waiver, our hope must stay strong. They infiltrate our ranks to try to discover how we are able to be so dedicated and free. How is this going to play out in the long run? What will it look like in November? What will it look like in a year? Lord God almighty I pray that we are lulled into a sense of complacency and forgetfulness where we just "want things back the way they were". Our memories often only remember the good times and not the bad. The talk these days is perverted with infiltrators who glean a specific message. Let the truth be told. The Lord sent certain apostoles to certain areas. Let his word be true.


Galatians 2:6-10



 Then after fourteen years, I went up again to Jerusalem, this time with Barnabas. I took Titus along also. 2 I went in response to a revelation and, meeting privately with those esteemed as leaders, I presented to them the gospel that I preach among the Gentiles. I wanted to be sure I was not running and had not been running my race in vain. 3 Yet not even Titus, who was with me, was compelled to be circumcised, even though he was a Greek. 4 This matter arose because some false believers had infiltrated our ranks to spy on the freedom we have in Christ Jesus and to make us slaves. 5 We did not give in to them for a moment, so that the truth of the gospel might be preserved for you. Galatians 2:6-10

Galatians 2:6-10

New International Version (NIV)

6 As for those who were held in high esteem—whatever they were makes no difference to me; God does not show favoritism—they added nothing to my message. 7 On the contrary, they recognized that I had been entrusted with the task of preaching the gospel to the uncircumcised,[a] just as Peter had been to the circumcised.[b] 8 For God, who was at work in Peter as an apostle to the circumcised, was also at work in me as an apostle to the Gentiles. 9 James, Cephas[c] and John, those esteemed as pillars, gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship when they recognized the grace given to me. They agreed that we should go to the Gentiles, and they to the circumcised. 10 All they asked was that we should continue to remember the poor, the very thing I had been eager to do all along.



Let God's word be true. I am not quick to desert God. Let us not be quick to desert God's apostles. Let this not be in vain. I love you.


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive