Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Complacency

Good Morning Lord. Its been a hard journey but none the less, I have continued. I have to not be complacent where I am. When obstacles come I have to not just think " oh there we go again, another problem" I cannot be content when things are going ok either.

This "just good enough attitude" starts to set a standard that I don't need to stretch for something. When I feel satisfied with things just as they are, when I think nothing will change, when I am unwilling to step out of my comfort zone, then I have become complacent. It is so easy to just keep things the way that they are.

We can complain but we know what to expect and we can deal with that. I have become complacent about many things in my life. I stretch forward now to try to get free of the clutter and to see how I have melted into a routine that somehow has become my comfort zone.

But its not very comfortable. Its just manageable. I can stand the discomfort. I have put up with the discomfort to the point that it is now my comfort. This year I want to stretch to reach a new comfort zone. It will not be easy, change never is easy.

God keeps reminding me of something as if I had the opportunity and I missed it so now I wander, and wander, my forty years in the desert, until I reach my promised land. Will I be like Moses and see it but never reach it? Will I have the opportunity to step into my blessing? I believe that this is not chance, or luck. Its not just by accident that we are here. We have a destiny and a purpose.

So complacent behavior is unacceptable. Change my routines with my health, my job, my spiritual life, my home life. Focus on establishing, enhancing, growing and producing a God filled relationship. This is not OK, this is not the way it should be. We had a connection and we have to remember that connection and move forward. WE are important. We can do this. Together we can do anything. God is with us and strengthens our spirit.
Zephaniah 1:12-13
12 At that time I will search Jerusalem with lamps
and punish those who are complacent,
who are like wine left on its dregs,
who think, ‘The LORD will do nothing,
either good or bad.’
13 Their wealth will be plundered,
their houses demolished.
Though they build houses,
they will not live in them;
though they plant vineyards,
they will not drink the wine.”

I will keep moving forward through this world. I will not let myself be complacent with things just being the way that they are. Even though nothing is different, I will believe in change. With consistency in one thing I will make a difference.
Habakkuk 3:17-19
17 Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,
18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.
19 The Sovereign LORD is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to tread on the heights.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive