Monday, May 3, 2010

Reconciliation and Repentance

Nehemiah 9:5-6

And the Levites—Jeshua, Kadmiel, Bani, Hashabneiah, Sherebiah, Hodiah, Shebaniah and Pethahiah—said: "Stand up and praise the LORD your God, who is from everlasting to everlasting. [a]"Blessed be your glorious name, and may it be exalted above all blessing and praise. 6 You alone are the LORD. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you.

All of Nehemiah 9 touched my heart and mind today. I have prayed to God to ask for forgiveness. How have I changed my focus to become farther away? I pray that the sins that have be in mu family are forgiven.I seek forgiveness individually and collectively. I define my sins individually, each and every one of them. I pray that I am able to seek forgiveness and receive it. God did not desert his people. When they were in the desert and sinned, he showed great compassion. After rewarding them with kingdoms and nations they were disobedient and rebelled. Our Lord showed great compassion again. Once they were at rest again they begin to sin again. Repeatedly, over and over and over again Lord, you heard their cries and you showed compassion. Lord this is how I know that you can show compassion to our church, our family our lives, my life. We repent of our sins. I repent of my sins. The sins that so easily entangle me. The sin that I have identified. I want to be closer to you. How is it that I can move from repentance to celebration of God's forgiveness? If I do not move from repentance to forgiveness then I am not able to see a loving, compassionate and all knowing God that can save me.
Lord I will work on one thing I want you to reconcile me with this week. One thing. I will pray on it daily and act on it daily. I will commit to following through on the commitment this week. I will seek your forgiveness and look forward to your joy and compassion. I make this request in Jesus name.
Be blessed today and be a blessing to someone. I love you.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive