Thursday, May 6, 2010

How has the Lord brought Light into our little corner of the World?

Isiah 8:11-17
11 The LORD spoke to me with his strong hand upon me, warning me not to follow the way of this people. He said:

12 "Do not call conspiracy
everything that these people call conspiracy [a] ;
do not fear what they fear,
and do not dread it.

13 The LORD Almighty is the one you are to regard as holy,
he is the one you are to fear,
he is the one you are to dread,

14 and he will be a sanctuary;
but for both houses of Israel he will be
a stone that causes men to stumble
and a rock that makes them fall.
And for the people of Jerusalem he will be
a trap and a snare.

15 Many of them will stumble;
they will fall and be broken,
they will be snared and captured."

16 Bind up the testimony
and seal up the law among my disciples.

17 I will wait for the LORD,
who is hiding his face from the house of Jacob.
I will put my trust in him.


Father God we struggle with the harsh realities of the truth every day. We are challenged with making sure that the children are cared for and protected. Lord today I'm not screaming at them. I pray that I can keep that promise. I know the struggles that they face and I am part of the problem as well as part of the solution. Allow me to not get caught up in this easy blame game. Its not their fault. So I take one cause today. Their PE time. Illinois has mandated that they have gym and we do not have gym at our school. So Lord as teachers we have taken time from our other classes to provide them with some time, once a week to play ball, jump rope, and just relax. How did this become so important? We know the importance of exercise, especially after having some of these lunches, so why cut the PE budget of all things? Lord I don't even know why I am taking this on. For the last two years our kids have not had gym. Well Lord we bring it all to you. Our children are frustrated in the classroom. It makes it difficult for me if I have nothing to offer them as an incentive. We have to help them focus and expel some energy. So I will continue to give them time in the school day to do just that. Its like we are just keeping the kids in holding cells.Lord knows they get on my nerves sometimes but I do understand the constraints associated with them. Lord don't let me miss the big picture, what's really important. This seems like a small problem but it affects the focus and productivity of the student. When they don't release the energy in a positive way they will release it in a negative way. Thank You Lord for allowing me to just release that. Thank You Lord. God Bless You today. Be blessed and be a blessing to someone. I love you.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive