Sunday, April 27, 2008

Thank You God

Thank You God for the gifts of people and resources that you have put in my life to help me strengthen my faith.

Thank you for allowing me to be restless with the things that I say that are wrong. I had just a lot of unrest with the whole "poor white trash" thing. I don't think I quite knew how it was hurtful. I think like Barack, who said poor people hold on to the things that make them comfortable, guns and religion, I have stereotyped people. I want to clear that up now. I feel people have been labeled for too long. This election is all about labels. ?The first woman, the first black. We have got to see people as they are, human beings that need love and comfort. We have to recognize the violence in our streets is reflective of the constant divisiveness that we are taught to embrace. Help Lord. Help us to use our skills to recognize when we are dividing ourselves and give us the focus of coming together. We have a lot of poor and we cannot isolate them. I know poor, I am one. I can feel our pain. We don't need false prophets giving false hope. The thought of what is happening in this election is one of false hope. One candidate offers hope, another feeds on peoples weaknesses.

Jeremiah 28- Two prophets, one false, one real. One true message for the people, whether good or bad, God is supreme.

Thank you God for allowing me to wrestle with this.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive