Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Hi

I heard you tonight when I was on my way home from class. I usually put in a cd or listen to V103. Today I listened to V103. I think you are doing what is truly necessary to help our children. Continue to increase awareness by calling on the people concerned to take responsibility for their actions.

Students have to realize that reading at two and three grade levels below their expected reading level is not good. Processing skills are lacking and the behavior really becomes that of a third grader. I pray that we can stop this wild west behavior. How did they tame the wild west? Why are we sacrificing our children to the point that we as adults have just said there is nothing we can do. I don't believe that. We have to wake up and take back our children. They are worth it and they need to know that we believe they are worth it. They have to believe they are worth it. Improve the reading levels and improve the math levels. When you have eighth graders that are reading at an average of a fifth grade level that's not good. Math skills are between a third through fifth grade level that is not good. They need to know they cant function in life like that and the parents need to suck up their pride and admit to their child that their reading and math isn't much better. This is unacceptable. We gloss over the reading and math levels and think that they can process adult problems and handle the higher order thinking skills that are required to function. "They Can't"

I'm saying good night ant thank you. I am really a very lucky woman. I wondered what he wrote on that paper to have you look at me like that but then I realized that what ever it was it made you wonder. , did she really, did you really say that, I pray that it was something good. Something that you really wanted and that it was not something too absurd,. Well good night and be blessed, I am thinking of you and know that you are wonderful.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive