Saturday, September 11, 2004

You and Me

Religious - Leonardo Da Vinci : The Last Supper : Art Print

 

 

 

 

 

                      Religious - Michelangelo : Creation : Art Print

                                                                   I am only one,Religious - Anonymous : Cretan Icon II : Art Print

But still I am one.

I cannot do everything,

But still I can do something;

And because I cannot do everything

I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.

-Edward Everett Hale

 

 

 

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away."

-Henry David Thoreau

"I was angry with my friend:

I told my wrath, my wrath did end.

I was angry with my foe;

I told it not, my wrath did grow.

-William Blake

"Anger is a sort of madness and the noblest causes have been damaged by advocates affected with temporary lunacy,"

-Mahatma Gandhi

"A soft answer turneth away wrath; but grievous words stir up anger"

Proverbs 15:1

"The slave has but one master; the man of ambition has as many as there are people useful to his fortune."

-Jean de la Bruye're

"The very substance of the ambitious is merely the shadow of a dream."

-Shakespeare

"Ambition is not a weakness unless it be disproportioned to the capacity. To have more ambition than ability is to be at once weak and unhappy."

-George Stillman Hillard

"Every eel hopes to become a whale."

-German Proverb

"Most people would succeed in small things if they were not troubled by great ambitions."

-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

"Art imitates nature aw well as it cn, as a pupil follows his master; thus is it a sort of grandchild of God."

-Dante

"In life beauty perishes, but not in art."

-Leonardo da Vinci

"The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner."

-Psalms 118:22

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive