Monday, September 6, 2004

Character

                         A bookcase hides the entrance to the Secret AnnexAnne Frank and Her Diary

 

"keep yourself clean and bright-you are the window through which the world sees God." - Anonymous

"...make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace..." 2 Peter 3:14

"A field full of tulips."

Thats all you said but that started a chain reaction of thoughts and rememberances for me.

That statement made me think where I had seen a field of tulips. It was in the Netherlands. When I went to visit Anne Frank's house. That was a very emotional visit and I cried for most of the trip. I remember feeling very connected to that house. There was a bust when you walk in from the street that was about the height of Anne. I had my picture taken with her bust. I went to the area where they hid from the Germans for years. We walked up that staircase to their small hiding place. I saw the movie star photos she pasted on the wall. I touched the wallpaper that she and her mother probably put up one day when there was no war and a whole lot less discrimination against the Jewish people. I walked on the cobble stone streets outside where she had played with her friends and looked around. I was moved. It was very touching.

Now back to Tommy Tenney's appearance in Chicago. I just randomly picked the tulips because I love flowers and thought they looked nice. I arrived at Fellowship early because I didn't know what the crowd would be like and I didn't have any traffic, so I managed to be one of the first ones there. The young lady at the desk was so nice to me, she came up after the service and asked me to come back so I gave her the CD I got from Mr. Tenney. His message was on investing. Doing something in the past that reaps a reward in the future.We aren't always privy to the reward or the investment at the same time but ensuring that we have done everything we can to be right and spotless in the sight of God is what helps to keep our blessings in the overflow mode. Jeremiah was rejected, ignored, imprisoned and in some serious darkness but God still found a way to show his love, grace and mercy.

Your message of coming out of the cave, relates to David in hiding relates to me also. I feel that you are telling me to do something.

" I cry aloud to the Lord; I lift up my voice to the Lord for mercy. I pour out my complaint before him; before him I tell my trouble. When my spirit grows faint within me, it is you who know my way. In the path where I walk men have hidden a snare for me. Look to my right and see; no one is concerned for me. I have no refuge; no on cares for my life." - Psalm 142:1-4

I don't know if there is any significance to that and I have been thinking about the message more. Character was important. Documenting is important. If Anne Frank hadn't written the diary we would never know about her. If  Jeremiah hadn't documented the sale, proof wouldn't have been available for the Jews.

Maybe its ok that I am writing this.

"Whoever has a heart full of love always has something to give." - Pope John XXIII

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another." - John 13:34

This is the hardest revelation for me to accept and actually pass on to you but God is not letting me ignore it anymore and so after all these years I just have to say it and move on. You will be a priest, the Pope will marry us and I will have a baby. Simple yet all are extremely, extremely, extremely miraculous. I don't even want to think about. I just don't understand it. When I woke up this morning, the saying for today was the one from the Pope from the daily inspirational you gave to mothers two years ago. I guess I just had to get it out today.

"Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."  - Jeremiah 33:3

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive