Thursday, August 19, 2004

My Dad

                   

My Dad fell and hit his head last night.

I had been trying to reach him all week, well, two days I called and no answer..I should do more...he worries me...I knew something was not quite right. I must listen to that inner voice more. God help me to discern your word, your warnings, your help.  He's all alone in that apartment. His building is such a responsibility. Its getting to be too much, I have to help out more. I try to help. I try not to fuss at him for what he's not doing. I know its hard for him, especially with his health problems. He just won't slow down. Who would. When you get older you just don't believe your body won't do the things you tell it like it used to before.

I pray that its not cancer. He keeps trying to lose more weight for the trip, but then he has dizziness and passes out. I know he has lost weight but he tells me he's just dieting. Could he be lying and trying to cover up what he knows might be the truth? He changed his eating habits when they told him he might have to go on the dialysis machine. We have an appointment on the 3rd, his hemoccult came back with blood in the stool, for a colonoscopy to see if there are any polyps and if they are malignantcy. If it is cancer then what?  I'm going to have to go over there on Thurs eve after Syl cause the hospital time will be very early. I love my daddy. He's not perfect but who is? I'm the only one out of four children that will come and see about him and help him. They get mad at me because I'm his favorite. He told them he was leaving the building to me and they get mad, don't want to see him again. How am I suppose to bring this family together? Is it even possible, me and my brother have the same mom, the other two have different moms and are much younger than me. What am I to do Lord? They dont even have a car to go visit if they wanted. I might have to stay out ther with him a few months. Oh Lord, what am I to do? Pray, Pray, Pray.

Lord please watch over him and protect him on his journey. Lord I know one day he will come to you but please dont let that day be soon.

Dear Lord dispatch your comforting angels to keep him safe and protect him on his journeys.

Lord no weapon formed against him shall prosper, in Jesus name. Amen. 

                   

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive