Sunday, June 21, 2009

What Do You Think?

I think that one day you will announce your retirement and say that you are starting a new life with_________________(fill in the blank with whoever is your latest and longest interest). I will be sitting in the stands thinking. " Well isn't that just like him to have a woman and get married". I don't see myself in that picture. I used to see myself and now I don't.

I'm watching the movie "Sabrina", one of my favorites and I see my self wishing on a star that is just out of reach.

Either I reach it and find myself waiting alone many long nights while you are out with someone, doing what ever it is that men do to save the world while their women wait at home. Or, you decide that we are not ready and we wait.

Is there a point where you can say to yourself that this is really as much knowledge that you will have before you marry me? Can you believe that God has set you up with an arranged marriage with someone that you have not even talked to in depth? Do you trust God enough to believe that I am the one? Do I follow you with this? Do you and I actually walk this walk? Do I believe that this is the point where you and I are to really make that commitment? How much time will this take? How much time do we really have?

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive