Monday, June 15, 2009

Thank You Jesus, Thank You Lord

I am now done with the National Board. No more testing no more, books, no more, studying late night and every Monday or Wednesday

I prayed and prayed that God would bring to my mind the questions and the answers that I might see on this test. It was all prompts and essay and I recognized every one of them. Lord, Lord, Lord. How do you thank God for helping you study the right things and for doing the right things this past year. No one can know for sure if I answered them correctly though. Did I write the things that they wanted to hear? I wont know until November. They give us the results around Thanksgiving time. Just in time to give us peace of mind before the year is out. We either rejoice or just say oh well. I know what ever happens with this, I am done with the National Board. It kicked my butt. I was over my head and I knew it. I plugged along and I just prayed and prayed. You need a certain frame of mind and some seriously good organizational skills to do that. I had neither. I just thank God that I didn't quit, and come what may, I finished this process. This was one of the hardest things I have ever done. Now it will rest in peace.

Hello, how are you? I am back. I'm here. I missed you. I pray that maybe we will become more up close and personal. I wonder what is the real cost of discipleship? What do we have a deep sense of urgency about? What is Jesus demanding of us explicitly and implicitly? Short term cost for long term benefits. What has been so costly for me to follow Jesus? We search for peace. Peace is elusive. Do we have an excuse for not following Jesus? Not today, let me do this first, as soon as I get this done, Let me tell my mother, father, let me bury someone, let me say goodbye to someone first, let me do something else first, then I will follow Jesus....
How do we establish our priorities so that Jesus is first and first alone.

Just some wonderings and thoughts after reading Luke 9 and 10.

I have been trying to read DuBois, The Souls of Black Folks. It was a purchase of mine in 2003 to commemorate the 100 year anniversary of its publication. I tried to read it Dr. King's book Why We Cant Wait while I was in Paris but I was too distracted. I picked them both up recently and have begun to read them again.

I bid you good night now. I am blessed and highly favored. My heart is filled with joy and I shall bless the Lord at all times and His praise shall continually be in my mouth. I praise you Father, Lord of heaven and earth. Be blessed and be a blessing to someone. Good Night Sweetheart.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive